Board/Project Governance

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 15:01:53 UTC 2013

On 09/09/2013 02:51 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> The suggested composition of representatives from existing groups that all
> have their own 'day jobs' in Fedora seems like an organization model that
> optimizes for better focus around 'doing the things that we are doing', as
> opposed to 'doing new things that we aren't doing'.

Well one might argue that the individual that is the representative for
his service sub community in this group would be the one that was
focusing on doing the new things or at least overseeing/delicate it to
his community and others or everybody within that community would do the
required work.

> This is neither good nor bad - it's just a choice. Is there an idea that
> something like the move to the multiple products that Matt Miller is
> proposing would be more or less likely to come from this new sort of
> organization?

I dont think the community has bought his idea yet or voted on it but at
least as I see it, I think those representatives could be used to
atleast oversee their relevant service sub-community work, so from my
pov the answer to that question is yes.

JBG