Board/Project Governance

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 17:54:24 UTC 2013

HI

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM, inode0  wrote:

> The Board approves various uses of the trademarks without any
> involvement of Red Hat legal. And I would cite the one recent case of
> Red Hat legal making the decision without involving the Board as an
> example of why the community should be the ones approving the use of
> trademarks.

Red Hat owns the trademark and the board has no authority to stop Red Hat
from exercising its rights as the trademark owner.  Unless it is owned by a
non-profit foundation, this won't change and even then, it is likely the
arrangement would have to involve giving a very broad license to Red Hat.
Having said that, if the board wants to provide more transparency and
involvement in general,  I would suggest doing an yearly or bi yearly
report of the board activities c.f  GNOME Foundation.

Rahul