When do various upstreams become "Fedora software"

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 10:03:11 UTC 2013

Greetings

According to [1] we ( as in Fedora ) seem to be getting fairly even
regional interested ( which is good ) with the exception of cuba which
is due to [2] which begs the question we base our distribution upon
various upstreams and we are very strict of all the licenses being open
and shareable, now the product(s) we deliver to the world are made up by
those various upstream which come from all corners of the world which
beg the questions

What constitutes as an "Fedora software" exactly?

When do various upstream suddenly become "Fedora software" as in is it
the srpm's, the iso file etc?

Are we really subjected to the "EAR" ?

JBG

1.https://www.google.com/trends/explore?q=Ubuntu#q=Debian%2C%20Fedora%2C%20Linux%20Mint%2C%20Mageia%2C%20Ubuntu%2C%20openSUSE&cmpt=q

2."By downloading Fedora software, you acknowledge that you understand
all of the following: Fedora software and technical information may be
subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (the “EAR”) and
other U.S. and foreign laws and may not be exported, re-exported or
transferred (a) to any country listed in Country Group E:1 in Supplement
No. 1 to part 740 of the EAR (currently, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan
& Syria); (b) to any prohibited destination or to any end user who has
been prohibited from participating in U.S. export transactions by any
federal agency of the U.S. government; or (c) for use in connection with
the design, development or production of nuclear, chemical or biological
weapons, or rocket systems, space launch vehicles, or sounding rockets,
or unmanned air vehicle systems. You may not download Fedora software or
technical information if you are located in one of these countries or
otherwise subject to these restrictions. You may not provide Fedora
software or technical information to individuals or entities located in
one of these countries or otherwise subject to these restrictions. You
are also responsible for compliance with foreign law requirements
applicable to the import, export and use of Fedora software and
technical information."