Don't blame LSB and standards, please: was: Re: Fedora Plasma Product, feedback please

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Tue Apr 1 11:57:00 UTC 2014

Well I think the real disagreement here is what the products is supposed to be
about. The WG wants to create an integrated product that is clearly identifiable,
not a 'mix your own' cookbook. We want to the Workstation to be as clearly identifiable
and targetable a product as MacOSX is, while I think you want the workstation to be the
equivalent of shipping a random desktop system on top of Darwin and still claim it is 'MacOSX'.

Christian