Empowering Fedora sub-communities

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Fri Apr 4 04:57:09 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 03:34:50PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> * Compose it's own images and save any additional burden on releng.
> * Test it's own images with it's own seperate testers so there's no QA
>   burden.
> * Create it's own webpages to save websites team any effort.
> * Market it's own Stuff
> etc, etc.
>
> I think that fails either with communities doing things that aren't
> great or aren't as good as they could be, or doing things just wrong,
> or duplicating efforts, or leaving them to try and find their own
> resources.

We've already pushed the QA burden of most spins out to the community
developing the spin, and that's arguably the one with the post potential
for breakage. But yes, I agree that we should at least initially aim for
the burden of labour to remain roughly where it is at the moment rather
than forcibly delegate everything out to the subcommunities.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org