What is success for Fedora?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 3 13:05:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 4:02 AM, Christian Schaller <cschalle at redhat.com> wrote:
> To my knowledge there has never been a company that has been refused as
> a Fedora sponsor. Are there any specific companies you have in mind you
> want to reach out to and what would be your sales pitch to them?

A note: Fedora cannot take direct financial contributions from others
for legal reasons.  The creation of a non-profit Fedora Foundation was
looked into and decided against long ago.  That won't change as far as
I'm aware of, so we should probably avoid bringing that up again.

We do have sponsors in the form of hosting, machines, and event
sponsors I believe.

josh