[Fedora-users-br] [R] Fedora 9?

Alberto Monteiro albmont em centroin.com.br
Sexta Maio 16 11:47:08 UTC 2008

Peguei esta mensagem na lista de discussão sobre a linguagem de
programação R. Acho que é on-topic aqui também :-)

Alberto Monteiro

---

Not to be impatient, but something seems odd.

The CRAN repository has nothing for Fedora 9.

The RPM of R that comes with Fedora 9 is version 2.6.2.  Someone
connected with the Fedora project must have built that.

R 2.7 is not in the "updates" for Fedora 9, so nobody connected with
Fedora has done that.

However - and this is the odd thing - the "development" repository of
Fedora has R 2.7 for Fedora 10.  So whoever did that skipped Fedora 9.

Advice?

I will happily accept the answers "wait" or "install from source" or
"submit a bug report to Fedora."  I just want to know, in part so I
know what to do with the computer that serves RSiteSearch (which is
still running Fedora 8 and R 2.6.2).

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron