[Fedora-mktg-brazil] (sem assunto)

David Barzilay david at projetofedora.org
Wed Nov 8 14:54:03 UTC 2006

Dear FAmSCo Members,

I had a meeting yesterday with the FISL (International Free Software
Forum) organizers and we talked about a long-standing need and desire of
the Brazilian Fedora Ambassadors and local community.

We (Brazilian Fedora Ambassadors, fedora-mktg-brazil list addressed
here) will start planning the 1st Fedora Users and Develpers Conference
inside the 8th FISL, the biggest free software event in Latin America.

WHEN: April, 12 - 14, 2007 (close to FC7 launch ??)
WHERE: FIERGS (Industries Foundation for the Rio Grande do Sul State)
CITY: Porto Alegre (Rio Grande do Sul state capital, south of Brazil)

They seem very well organized being this the 8th event edition and got
very excited when I announced the news.

WORKING PLAN SUGGESTION:

1) TODAY - DEC, 15, 2006

Discussing in these two lists (FAMSCO + BR AMBASSADORS) the activities
we intend to include in the FUDCon. Past sucessful experiences are more
than welcome, as well as reasonable creative new ideas (we can't deny
our Brazilian vein ;)

Examples of activities: international speakers, user groups, roadmap
presentations, flyers/DVDs/freebies distribution, Fedora stand (FISL
already offers small .org ones; should we go with a bigger one ??),
budget, etc.....

2) DEC, 15 - JAN, 15

. BR Ambassadors negotiate items agreed here with FISL organizers
. FAMSCO/Max negotiate and confirm speakers + budget
. David involves Fedora Ambassadors from other Latin American countries

3) FEB, 1st

FUDCon promotion: local and international websites, Fedora lists, local
press advisory, Red Hat Magazine, Ambassadors personal contacts, local
IT universities, others.....?

4) MARCH, 1st

Event preparation: David Barzilay, Rodrigo Padula, Hugo Cisneiros, who
else??
**Remember: who ever raises the hand here has to be committed to the
event success**.

DISCUSSION IS OPEN. PLEASE BE CLEAR AND OBJECTIVE (not everyone is
proficient in English)

Let's rock!

Best,
--