[Fedora-mktg-brazil] Fw: [Ambassadors] VanLUG event report

David Barzilay david at projetofedora.org
Wed Nov 22 13:25:49 UTC 2006

Feedback interessante de um evento de grupo de usuários...

Abs,
--
db

------------- Forwarded message follows -------------

Back from Vanlug meeting. There were about 40 people attending to the
event despite the bad weather. The majority of attendees use Debian
distribution. However, they were very open as some of them did not touch
Fedora Core since the first release.

I felt nervous for the presentation but it went very well. I took the
opportunity to demonstrate Sugar interface from OLPC project which
attracts a lot of attention, a presentation of Fedora Core 6 and the
sub-project.

Too bad I did not bring the livespin of Fedora Core 6 because I use a
laptop provided by a local computer store. Worse, the Fedora Core 6 DVDs
came too late after the event. Some of them are given to a local
computer store owner who is willing to provide the system for a
demonstration and some of attendees. The remaining will be given to the
public interested in Linux.

Despite these incidents, the audience were pleased with the presentation
available on the <a
href="http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations">wiki</a> under the
title <a
href="http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=fedora-presentation-2006.odp">Exploring