Some mock ideas

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Tue Aug 30 05:22:05 UTC 2005

I've been running through some ideas in my head over the past couple of
days, and here's what I've come up with.

1) Instead of including config files in the base mock package, put them
in mock-config-<distro>-<distro version> packages so that mock configs
are easy to add via packages. (Corollary: use alternatives for
default.cfg)

2) Include the buildgroups data in the config packages. There could also
be a /etc/httpd/conf.d/buildgroups.conf file in the base package that
would point to the buildgroup data in /usr/share/mock.

3) Make mock use yum as a module. That way you wouldn't need to invoke
yum as an external program and you could have more-fine-grained control
over it.

4) Have mock be a module that plague-builder could import. See the
rationale for the previous point, but replace mock for yum.

Any comments?

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/