spm and buildreqs

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu May 12 05:00:41 UTC 2005

Going through this a few more times as I work on some bits inside the
buildsystem.

We're given an srpm - we don't know where it was made, on what arch,
nothing - so we cannot trust the buildreqs it provides.

If we're inside the chroot and on the arch we want to build on then
running:
 rpm -Uvh /path/to/our/srpm
 rpmbuild -bs --nodeps /path/to/the/generated/spec

should result in a srpm for us that will have valid build reqs.
So that if we grab the requires from that srpm we'll have a pretty good
idea of what we'll need to install to build the package.

is that correct/accurate/etc?

-sv