Patch to store user info in different DB engines

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Nov 2 13:57:07 UTC 2005

On Nov 1, 2005, at 2:43 PM, Jeff Sheltren wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2005, at 10:50 AM, Dan Williams wrote:
>

>> So my vote is for consolidating databases for 0.5, and providing a
>> small
>> tool to migrate for you.  Anyone want to do that tool? :)
>

> Sure, I'll work on that.
>
> -Jeff

OK, I don't know how pretty this is, I'm new to this whole python
thing :)  But I'm attaching a script for migrating the user data from
sqlite to pgsql/mysql.  I've tested it with MySQL and it seems to
work great.  Let me know if you notice any bugs or something that
needs to be changed.  Usage is like this:
# ./plague-user-migration.py /etc/plague/server/userdb /etc/plague/
server/plague-server.cfg
Using database engine mysql.
Added user: sheltren at host.domain.com
Added user: apache at host.domain.com