Hrm, SSL issues?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 16:41:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 10:33 -0500, Chris Weyl wrote:
> Ok, so this is probably something trivial, but I've been seeing these
> SSL errors.  I don't know if it had to do with the recent plague
> updates or something else on this system (I'd imagine not, as it's
> dedicated to the buildsys), but it's rather perplexing.  It seems to
> be referring to an expired cert, but after peeking at the certs all of
> them seem to expire in 2015.

First thing I'd try in this situation is using openssl to try to verify
the certificates against their CA certificate.  If the openssl verify
fails, there's something in the certificate that's bad.  Also make sure
the CA certificate hasn't expired.

Previous version of the plague certhelper.py utility incorrectly expired
CA certificates after 30 days, which has been fixed.

openssl verify [-CApath directory] cert.pem

Something like ^^^^^ should do the trick, you may have to check on the
exact arguments to use.

Dan