mock configs for other flavors?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 17:25:53 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 12:17 -0500, Chris Weyl wrote:
> Hey all--
>
> Before I go about reinventing the wheel, does anyone have (or can
> point me to) sample mock config files for RHEL3/4?
>
> I'm also carrying on a rather spiritied conversation about using
> plague to build for other distros (e.g. mandrake) over here, and would
> love to be able to prove them wrong:)  So, really, mock configs for
> any flavor/distro would be most appreciated...

Hey, if patches are required to do this, that's fine.  Some issues I'd
see:

1) How do those other distros update packages?  Do they use yum?  If
not, what kind of repository metadata do the update tools for those
distros use?  (ie, instead of calling createrepo on the server we'd need
to call something else)

2) How do those distros rebuild packages?  Do they use rpmbuild?  If
not, are rpmbuild-built packages sufficient for those distros?

You should be able to designate certain builders as "mandrake" builders,
for example, just by restricting that builder's target files.  If that
doesn't work, I'd be curious to know what the problems are.

Dan