Patch to store user info in different DB engines

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Nov 25 22:13:20 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 13:43 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 07:30 -0400, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> > On Nov 2, 2005, at 9:57 AM, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> >
> > > <plague-user-migration.py>
> > >

> > I realized there are a couple of things that I didn't like, so I've
> > made an updated script, located here:
> >
> > http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~jeff/plague-user-migration.py
> >
> > Now it will not attempt to migrate from sqlite to sqlite :)  Also,
> > all errors are output to stderr - before some were going to stdout.
>
> Added to HEAD, thanks!

Jeff,

Could you retest the user migration script?  It turns out that postgres
doesn't like double-quotes in the INSERT INTO statement.  Since all the
rest of the stuff in BuildMaster.py uses single quotes in the SQL
statements, I switched that bit of the migration script to use
single-quotes too.

Also, Postgres evidently uses "True" and "False" (probably
case-insensitive) for fields of type BOOLEAN, so I added a conversion
function for postgres to do that, and converted the %d format options in
the INSERT INTO statement to %s instead.

These shouldn't affect MySQL at all, but I just want to be sure...

Thanks!
Dan