Running rpmlint within mock

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Fri Jul 14 19:01:19 UTC 2006

tibbs at math.uh.edu said:
> Christian Iseli and I were discussing the possibility of automatically
> running rpmlint somehow.

Hey, thanks for posting this...  I was just about to post such a message
myself :-)

I've tried to give some thought and get some feedback from the f-e-l list
already.

Basically for each built package, I'd like to
 - get rpmlint output, possibly comparing it against a reference output to see
   if unknown problems have crept in
 - analyze the compiler warnings
 - check the Provide'd things from the packages and compare against an
   expected set of things provided

For starters, the whole bunch of tests would just generate a warning to the
build submitter for things to verify.

Down the road, we might like to fail the build, or put the resulting package
in a quarantine, if bad things are detected.

I had a first look at adding the checks in the plague builder, but after
discussing this a bit with Jason, probably a good parts of the checks would be
better performed while still in the mock buildroot...

My python skills are pretty much nil ATM, but I'm willing to learn too...

Any and all pieces of advice and/or code gladly accepted

Cheers,
					Christian