pungi & checking dependencies?

Jeroen Janssen jeroen.janssen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 13:16:53 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to run the latest pungi on a fresh Fedora Core 6 installation.

>From the README it states how to test it, so I ran (as root) the
following command:

pungi --comps /etc/pungi/comps.xml \
         --yumconf /etc/pungi/yum.conf.i386 --destdir /srv/pungi \
         --cachedir /srv/pungi/cache --arch i386 --release 6.89 \
         --discs 1

(note I'm going for an i386 installation, this is different from the README).

Now I'm looking at a large list of "Checking deps of" logging,
pungi has been using 14m CPU, 117Mb Virt Memory and no sign of 'real' progress.

A small snippet of the output:

Checking deps of libgcc.i386
Checking deps of python.i386
Checking deps of glibc.i386
Checking deps of glib2.i386
Checking deps of glibc.i686
Checking deps of glibc.i686
Checking deps of glibc.i686
Checking deps of glibc.i386
Checking deps of glibc.i686
Checking deps of glibc.i686
Checking deps of glibc.i686
Checking deps of glibc.i386
Checking deps of glibc.i386
Checking deps of glibc.i686
Checking deps of bash.i386
Checking deps of glibc.i386
Checking deps of beecrypt.i386
Checking deps of glibc.i386
Checking deps of glibc.i686
Checking deps of glibc.i386
Checking deps of basesystem.noarch
Checking deps of bzip2-libs.i386
Checking deps of glibc.i686

* Any idea if this is expected to behave as I am currently seeing?

* How long should it take on a P4 3GHz with 512Mb RAM?

* Is it normal that glibc tends to be 'checked' a lot?

Best regards,

Jeroen Janssen