buildsys misconfigured

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Nov 28 19:39:31 UTC 2006

> > i did exactly the same set of steps you posted
> > FC-6]$ make build
> > /usr/bin/plague-client build SDL_image SDL_image-1_2_5-3_fc6 fc6
> > Package SDL_image enqueued.  Job ID: 22438.
> >
> > http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=22438
> >
> > shows 22438: SDL_image-1.2.5-3.fc6  (building)
> >
> > and older job that failed
> > http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=22084
> >
> > shows 22084: linphone-1.5.1-1.fc6  (failed)
> >
> > the only thing i can think of  is that your common dir  is out of date.
>
> Eeek, why would you think that? Can you explain the theory behind that?
> Where would the "fc7" come from if I had an old FC-6 checkout?
>
> Look closely at the command-line I've quoted. Here it is once more:
>  | FC-6]$ make build
>  | /usr/bin/plague-client build SDL_image SDL_image-1_2_5-2_fc6 fc6
>
> As you can see, the tag is "fc6", the target is "fc6", the branch
> is FC-6.
yes i clearly see that and it is wrong i don't know where the .fc7 came from.
I did  a fresh checkout of SDL_image  and ran the exact same commands and got
the expected result.  I could be way out in left field.  but the only thing i
thought  was perhaps you had an old common tree that had FC-6 pointing at
devel.  its a wild guess nothing more.  I was unable to see a pattern of it
in the buildsys to know for sure
--
 ,-._|\    Dennis Gilmore, RHCE
/      \   Proud Australian