Security issue: Can't build mediawiki - F7 thinks it's F8

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Aug 6 12:25:20 UTC 2007

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 14:18:36 +0200
Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> wrote:

> Typo?

Not exactly.  Expression mismatch.  The tag was /applied/ on the devel/
branch, so when cvs is asked for that tag, it tries to pull it from
devel/ and bad things happen.

> > in devel, koji gets a little confused when making the srpm for you.
> > You'll most likely need to bump/tag on F-7 then you can build and it
> > will get the proper .fc7 tag to it.
>
> Hm, this sounds more like a bug that should be fixed in koji. Wouldn't
> that apply to any kind of branching CVS, e.g. koji inherits bad tags
> to branches? This bug only surfaces if the tagsing and building is
> intermitted by the branch, but consider adding new archs to Fedora, it
> will hit all packages (as the build for the new arch will be after the
> branching, unless new archs are limited to devel).

I'm not entirely sure how this is going to be handled.  It probably
does need looking into, something deep in the cvs "branching" scripts
we use.  My cvs-fu isn't nearly that strong :(

--
Jesse Keating