[patch 1/4] Remove Python 2.5 usage

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 23:23:41 UTC 2007

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 17:00:46 +0100
Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:

> An empty list of base classes wasn't allowed before Python 2.5 so
> remove it since it seems to be the only Python 2.5 feature being
> used.

So here is where I get a little curious.  Much of the rest of pungi
relies upon specific APIs in things like yum, createrepo, anaconda,
pykickstart, etc..  Much of the requirements are on versions only
available on platforms that have python2.5.  As such, making the tip of
pungi run on something other than python2.5 just seems bound to fail to
me.  You /really/ don't want to be composing one release from another.
If you're going to compose FC6, you need to use the FC6 version of
pungi to do it.  Mock can help.

The rest of the changes look fine and I'll add them shortly.

Curious what you're attempting to do with pungi on a < python2.5
platform...  I'm certainly not thinking about backwards compat when
developing future versions of pungi to compose future versions of
Fedora...

--
Jesse Keating