Koji and SVN

rob myers rob.myers at gtri.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 2 14:23:44 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 21:33 -0500, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 14:48 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Thursday 28 June 2007 18:33:59 Oscar Victorio Calixto Bacho wrote:
> > > Hi List
> > >
> > > I have two questions
> > >
> > > Koji can support SVN at the moment?
> >
> > Not currently.
> >
> > > why not?
> >
> > The source control mechanism used by the Fedora project for it's packages is
> > currently CVS.  It also looks like that any move away from CVS would be
> > toward a distributed SCM such as git or hg due to the things a distributed
> > SCM offers over CVS/SVN.

modifications are required to your Makefile.common to support svn.  as
you may know, switching to svn eliminates the make tag step in the build
process.  i can email you the Makefile.common i'm using if you need it.

> > However patches to Koji that enable svn support won't be turned away, provided
> > they're good (:
>
> There are patches for Koji attached to this ticket:
>
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/koji/ticket/15
>
> I can't comment as to the quality, as I haven't tested them...

i posted an updated patch against koji 1.2.2 here:
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/koji/attachment/ticket/15/koji-1.2.2-svn+ssh.patch

they work for me; i'll let others judge their "quality".

rob.