mock rfe - buildgroup

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Mon Jul 9 17:02:11 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 07:03:39PM -0400, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> On Jul 6, 2007, at 6:14 PM, Michael E Brown wrote:
> >On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 05:52:19PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> >>
> >>I understand your view point.  I think I'd rather leave some
> >>breadcumbs in the
> >>defaults.cfg file, though commented out.  Show them with what is
> >>coded into
> >>mock.py but given them an easy way to just uncomment and alter.
> >
> >That is a very valid point. I can easily do that.
> >
> >Any suggestions on which config items are candidates for such
> >treatment?
> >

> Hi Michael, I think what is currently included in defaults.cfg
> (looking at 7.2-1.fc6.1) is good.  Also I'd add
> config_opts['chroot_setup_cmd'] = 'install buildsys-build'
> as I mentioned previously.  If you want to have everything commented
> out (since it's defined in mock.py), that seems good to me, but at
> least this would give people an easy way to figure out what options
> they can change.

My currently posted git repo does exactly this:

 -- adds 'chroot_setup_cmd' to every individual chroot config file
    -> install buildsys-build  for legacy configs
    -> groupinstall buildsys-build  for -devel

 -- mock.py remains with default of "install buildsys-build" to give
 everybody one release to update their config files.

 -- next release will change mock.py config default.

This should be forward/backward compatible with everybody's config files
for this release. Everybody is encouraged to update any site-local
config files before the next release.

I'm just waiting on feedback from Clark.

Thanks,
Michael