Trying to exclude kernel-PAE from spin

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 11:17:01 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 18:23:17 Orion Poplawski wrote:
> why kernel-PAE or kernel-debug rather than just kernel?

Ugh.  So kernel-PAE provides 'kernel', to satisfy some deps if that's the only
kernel you have.  In pungi land I don't know what kernel you're going to want
(i586, i686, whatever) so when asked for a dep or package I bring in _all_
possible resolvers, and leave it up to install time to suss out which is
the "best" resolver for that particular install.  The bummer here is that it
seems that kernel-debug and kernel-PAE-debug /also/ provide kernel, since
these are debugging kernels that seems right, although unfortunate.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora