Pungis work directory.

Joel Andres Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Wed May 16 08:34:44 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Friday 13 April 2007 09:34:44 Joel Andres Granados wrote:
>
>> I ran pungi once and created a fedora iso.  When I ran it again with the
>> same config file, and forgot to erase the previous work directory
>> files,  pungi shows a traceback telling me that some file already exists.
>> I have two proposals for this situation.
>> 1.  create a timestamp directory inside the working directory for each
>> pungi run.   The problem with this approach is that the use is left with
>> a bunch of directories that are named after whatever time.time() spit
>> out (not very pretty).  But alas it does away with the ugly traceback
>>

> This needs more thought as I took in a patch that separates out the different
> pungi tasks to be called separately, so the work dir _could_ exist in some
> cases.  Will think more on this.

Yes, depending on the command line options, the working directory is
either used or not.  IMHO I think the second solution (Tell the user
what is happening) is the best way to go.  In this way if the directory
is needed and is already there the user will receive a message, but if
the directory is not needed pungi will be silent about the situation.
I'll revisit this patch today and see if it behaves like expected.  I'll
post any results on the list.

Regards.