pungi fails in the createiso stage

Joel Andres Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Wed May 30 16:18:29 UTC 2007

Hi list:

Been working on pungi quite a bit and while I was testing some stuff it
showed some strange behaviour.  In my box it stops in the createiso
stage when `mkisofs` is called.  The error messages states that there is
no isolinux directory ( and when I go look for it where its suppose to
be... its not there :)
To make sure that it was not what I had done I downloaded a new tar file
and installed it in my box.  To my surprise it showed the same behavior.
I looked at pungi and the anaconda-runtime scripts which I suspect are
the cause of all this.  To get a better look at things I stopped pungi
just before executing the buildinstall command and executed it with the
--debug option to see what came out.  A bunch of messages popped out ( I
will list just a small portion):

/.../upd-instroot: line 989: /.../fixmtime.py: No such file or directory
/.../upd-instroot: line 989: /.../fixmtime.py: No such file or directory
cat: /.../lang-table*: No such file or directory
/.../upd-instroot: line 1011: cd: /.../locale: No such file or directory
These where the first ones.  There are more but I think the root of the
problem is here.

I looked in the anaconda-runtime scripts for the bug with no success.
Finally I changed pungies yum repository to point to a repository that I
had  lying around for some time (the repository had
anaconda-11.2.0.57-1.x86_64.rpm and
anaconda-runtime-11.2.0.57-1.x86_64.rpm they were old versions ).  It
worked like a charm.
 FYI, the repository that I was using for my previous tests was
"mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=x86_64"

So I diffed the upd-insroot from the 11.2.0.57-1.x86_64 version with the
11.2.0.66-1.x86_64 one and IMHO found no change that would give the
behavior that I'm experiencing.
Anybody else in this situation???
Comments greatly appreciated
Regards