pungi doesn't run

Allen Rohner arohner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 00:13:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 14:11 -0600, Allen Rohner wrote:
>> %packages
>> @base
>> x86info
>> postgresql-server
>> python-sqlalchemy
>> ruby
>> ruby-irb
>> rubygem-rails
>> mod_python
>> %end
>>
>> Running with the rawhide repository gives the exact same error.

>This is a very small package set, you need at least a kernel, the
>anaconda packages and a few other things. See the 'compose needs'
>section on the shipped kickstart file.

>Right now, pungi doesn't separate the "things we need to compose" from
>"things we want in the compose" so you need to add those things into the
> manifest.

Thanks for the help. I'm able to get farther now. It doesn't really
make sense to me why the list is the way it is. Is that truly the
minimal set of packages? Why do we need iscsi-initiator-utils and
vncserver to build a working ISO? This process would be significantly
easier if the (true) minimum set of packages was documented somewhere,
or even better, if pungi warned that you are missing packages X,Y,Z
necessary to get a working build. I would offer to make a patch, but I
don't know what the set is.

Allen Rohner