Koji "hidden" packages proposal

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sat Mar 15 00:55:37 UTC 2008

On Friday 14 March 2008, Mike Bonnet wrote:
> I've written up a brief proposal about how "hidden" packages may be
> supported in Koji.  The objective of this is to enable building EPEL
> packages in Koji.  I wrote this up fairly quickly, and I'm sure I
> haven't thought through all the issues, but I wanted to get the ball
> rolling.  Let me know if you have any questions/comments/ideas/issues
> relating to this proposal.
>
> http://people.redhat.com/mikeb/koji/koji-hidden-packages-proposal.html
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
the tree will have to be nothing like /mnt/koji/packages

instead it will have to be like
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/  so that you can use
rsync  and repo mirroring tools to sync the content and keep trees in sync.
ill leave it up to Seth to explain more but hit micro repository option he is
working on would allow us to pull the existing repodata intothe new repodata.

We really only need to have a command that can suck the repodata into the
database.  so we know about the packages.

Dennis