everytime serveral packages built, then the package build tasks left alawys open or free

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Wed Nov 25 16:13:38 UTC 2009

On 11/24/2009 09:52 PM, peng chen wrote:
> Recently , I encountered with a problem of building as follow :
> When I request 4 or 5 packages for building at a time , my buildsys run
> normally.
> but when I request 20 (for example), It just builds 4 or 5 of them and then
> the left
> always  stay in open or free state. then, I cancel those then resubmit 4 or
> 5 packages
> of them , they are built normally and quickly .
> Additionally, I succeed to build hundreds of packages at a time before.
> Thus, I guess whether the koji-hub stop scheduling or build hosts outage?

That is unexpected. How long did the system sit idle with free jobs?
You said 'open or free.' An open task is /still working/. Are you sure
your builders weren't just at capacity? Did any tasks actually complete?

Anyway, should this recur,
- check that the kojid instances were running
- check the kojid logs for errors
- check the hub logs (/var/log/httpd/error_log) for errors