Subtle change in default behaviour or did I miss something in the docs?

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Aug 27 16:25:17 UTC 2010

Mike McLean wrote:
> I've never encountered this problem before. Fedora is running
> mock-1.1.1, is using no such workaround, and does not seem to see this
> issue. I don't see anything in the diff that would explain your issue,
> though I guess it wouldn't hurt to try 1.1.1 and see if that changes
> anything.

I am seeing something similar under F12. After updating from mock-1.0.7
to mock-1.0.11 I could no longer build packages. If I manually ran mock,
I would see a similar error about not being able to create directories
in /var/cache/mock.

> Have you by chance set something site-defaults.cfg? If you have, that
> might might be tickling a bug in mock that I'm not seeing.

I have nothing custom on my build server. I had to revert to mock-1.0.7.
I can build packages again. I diff'd the two site-defaults.cfg between
1.0.7 and 1.0.11 and the only difference were comments.