Private Koji instance with private SCM: Make sources? Private lookaside?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Dec 6 19:05:42 UTC 2010

On 12/04/2010 11:08 AM, Anthony Messina wrote:
> 1) What is the output of the Make sources command (what does it do)?
> 2) How do I specify a private lookaside cache, similar to what is used
> in Fedora?
> 3) If there is no way to specify a place to get the source tar.gz files,
> and I were to create a custom command (rather than Make sources), can I
> simply tell it to curl/wget the sources?

Koji configuration allows you to specify which command to issue in order
to get a point where a directory has all the source, spec, and patches
necessary to build an srpm.  It's how we went from doing "make sources"
to "fedpkg sources".  When you are configuring your SCM, you can decide
what "command" you want the system to run in order to get the sources.
It does not have to be make, it does not have to use a "lookaside" of
any sort.  It can be whatever you want, so long as the system is able to
issue a generic command and get the sources pulled down.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!