[BUG] Koji and Lustre

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Tue Jul 13 03:23:52 UTC 2010

On 07/12/2010 09:18 PM, Thomas Guthmann wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> We found a bug(?) in listTaskOutput (/usr/share/koji-hub/kojihub.py)
> when used with a Lustre filesystem. This function parses all attributes
> of every file of a build and is used when you want to display
> build.log/root.log through the web interface. Everything returned by
> listTaskOutput is returned through XML-RPC and as a result we had this :
>
> An error has occurred while processing your request.
> Fault: <Fault 1: 'exceptions.OverflowError: long int exceeds XML-RPC
> limits'>

Note that the httpd error_log on the hub should have shown the full
server side traceback.

> -                            if attr == 'st_size':
> +                            if attr == 'st_size' or attr == 'st_dev':

Certainly this will work, though I question the utility of reporting the
entire os.stat result. Most of them are meaningless on a remote host. It
looks like we only ever use st_size in koji itself. I think only that
and the timestamps are appropriate, so we could just drop the rest entirely.