rebuild an rpm

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Fri Mar 19 18:10:39 UTC 2010

On 03/19/2010 12:54 PM, Nathan Blackham wrote:
> Will it bump it with SRPM's or just from SCM?  I would be interested in at
> least taking a look.  Is that how you move from one release to another, fc11
> to fc12?

My script only accepts srpms. I only use it for situations when I need
to run a series of test builds that need to be non-scratch (for me this
happens when I need to bootstrap a build environment or sometimes I just
need the test build in the system so that another tool can access it
that way).

I believe Fedora rel-eng has a mass rebuild script that includes a
release bump.

> I think the scratch builds will work.  I was more curious about how scratch
> builds worked.

Scratch builds work /exactly/ like regular builds, except that they are
not imported into the system afterwards. If you just want to test
whether the builders can build, this is probably what you want.