GenericError: Unable to complete build: release mismatch

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 14:19:08 UTC 2010

On 03/31/2010 02:33 AM, Eric Zhong wrote:
> GenericError: Unable to complete build: release mismatch (build:
> 46.se01.el5, rpm: 46.se01)
>
> i build it in my own koji server.
> it looks like the %{dist} is NULL.
> It doesn't work when i modify /etc/mock/*.cfg.
> What  config file should be  modified ?

Koji writes out its own mock config for each buildroot. However, that is
not really the right place for setting %{dist} in koji.

Generally, to set %{dist} in a buildroot you'll want to ensure that the
buildroot contains a package that places a macros file in /etc/rpm. For
example, the fedora-release package includes the file /etc/rpm/macros.dist.

I don't know if RHEL5 contains such a file (the RHEL5 redhat-release
does not), but I'm sure something available in epel does. OTOH, it's
easy to create your own.

So
1) make sure the necessary rpm is available in the buildroot tag
2) make sure that rpm is listed in the build and srpm-build groups for
the build tag