Koji 1.4.0 on RHEL 5.5

Allen Hewes allen at decisiv.net
Wed Nov 3 08:06:15 UTC 2010

> On 5.5 you need to install  python-hashlib and
> python-createrepo RPM packages. These required packages are
> installed if you are using koji RPM.
> The createrepo task creates the repository with the python
> library and not with createrepo command and createrepo RPM on
> REHL5.5 don't contain this library.

Hi Pierre,

That doesn't seem to be my issue. I am not even getting far enough to fire up createrepo. The pkglist (/mnt/koji/repos/dist-foo-build/6/i386/pkglist) file is zero bytes, which means it isn't getting updated with the package I am trying to build.

Here is what I have determined;

I followed the directions from: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/ServerHowTo
Then I bootstraped my Koji like so: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/ServerBootstrap

The koji commands I run are:
<start apache (kojihub) so koji cli commands can run>

koji add-user kojira;
koji grant-permission repo kojira;
koji add-host websvr0.vzw.decisiv.net i386;
koji add-host-to-channel websvr0.vzw.decisiv.net createrepo;

<start kojid>
<start kojira>

koji import ifstat-1.1-1.3.el5.src.rpm;
koji add-tag dist-foo;
koji add-pkg --owner=kojiadmin dist-foo ifstat;
koji call tagBuildBypass dist-foo ifstat-1.1-1.3.el5;
koji add-tag --parent dist-foo --arches i386 dist-foo-build;
koji add-target dist-foo dist-foo-build;
koji add-group dist-foo-build build;
koji add-group-pkg dist-foo-build build ifstat;

So I guess my first question is, what are the steps for loading and build a test SRPM after koji has been installed and configured? Because I think I am doing something very wrong....

I haven't been able to find a workflow for koji when building your own. The bootstrap help page doesn't work, has something changed since the document was witten and koji 1.4.0?

Is there something special in the SRPMs that I must add or do? I didn't try to grap some EPEL SRPMs...

Thanks,

-Allen