koji build server install - DatabaseError: error 'ERROR: relation "sessions_id_seq" does not exist

steve.webb at beatport.com steve.webb at beatport.com
Fri Nov 5 16:52:46 UTC 2010

Hey there.

I'm trying to build my own koji build server and following along with the
instructions here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/ServerHowTo

I got past the postgres authentication stuff and the SSL cert stuff, and
now I'm trying to get basic functionality working with koji-hub and
running into a bit of a sticky issue that I can't resolve on my own.

The 'list-hosts' command seems to work ok:

[kojiadmin at bpkojipoc001 ~]$ koji list-hosts
Hostname                     Enb Rdy Load/Cap Arches           Last Update

But the "add-user" command gives me a:

    File "/usr/share/koji-hub/kojixmlrpc.py", line 191, in _marshaled_dispatch
      response = self._dispatch(method, params)
    File "/usr/share/koji-hub/kojixmlrpc.py", line 253, in _dispatch
      ret = func(*params,**opts)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/koji/auth.py", line 649, in sslLogin
      return context.session.sslLogin(*args, **opts)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/koji/auth.py", line 394, in sslLogin
      sinfo = self.createSession(user_id, hostip, koji.AUTHTYPE_SSL)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/koji/auth.py", line 480, in createSession
      c.execute(q, {})
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/koji/db.py", line 95, in execute
      ret = self.cursor.execute(operation, parameters)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pgdb.py", line 174, in execute
      self.executemany(operation, (params,))
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pgdb.py", line 195, in executemany
      raise DatabaseError, "error '%s' in '%s'" % ( msg, sql )
DatabaseError: error 'ERROR:  relation "sessions_id_seq" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT nextval('sessions_id_seq')
                         ^
' in 'SELECT nextval('sessions_id_seq')'

I checked out the DB schema and didn't see a 'sessions_id_seq' anywhere,
and the only place that I could find it was in auth.py in the koji python
utilities scripts (which is where it's failing, I believe).

Can someone explain to me how this is being used and/or how to fix this
issue?

Thanks in advance.

- Steve Webb

--