koji build server install - DatabaseError: error 'ERROR: relation "sessions_id_seq" does not exist

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Fri Nov 5 19:32:04 UTC 2010

On 11/05/2010 01:45 PM, steve.webb at beatport.com wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Nov 2010, Mike McLean wrote:
>> On 11/05/2010 12:52 PM, steve.webb at beatport.com wrote:
>>> DatabaseError: error 'ERROR:  relation "sessions_id_seq" does not exist
>> The \ds command in psql will do this.
>
> koji=>  \ds
>                   List of relations
>    Schema |         Name         |   Type   | Owner
> --------+----------------------+----------+-------
>    public | archiveinfo_id_seq   | sequence | koji
>    public | archivetypes_id_seq  | sequence | koji
>    public | build_id_seq         | sequence | koji
>    public | buildroot_id_seq     | sequence | koji
>    public | channels_id_seq      | sequence | koji
>    public | events_id_seq        | sequence | koji
>    public | external_repo_id_seq | sequence | koji
>    public | host_id_seq          | sequence | koji
>    public | package_id_seq       | sequence | koji
>    public | repo_id_seq          | sequence | koji
>    public | rpminfo_id_seq       | sequence | koji
>    public | tag_id_seq           | sequence | koji
>    public | task_id_seq          | sequence | koji
>    public | users_id_seq         | sequence | koji
> (14 rows)

Yep, something must have gone wrong during db initialization. I suggest
you drop the db and re-initialize it (and keep the output for reference).

Also missing: build_notifications_id_seq, buildroot_id_seq,
groups_id_seq, imageinfo_id_seq, log_messages_id_seq,
permissions_id_seq, rpmdeps_pkey_seq.

Based on the missing sequences, it looks like an error occurred
somewhere between the creation of the external_repo table and the
buildroot table. This is odd because schema.sql wraps all those
definitions in a transaction to prevent /exactly/ this sort of partial
initialization. Did you manually cut and paste the sql commands into
psql or something? Generally you want to run schema.sql through psql
directly from the command line (I believe the ServerHowTo doc covers this).