How to regen install.img ?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Nov 11 16:43:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 17:34:06 +0100,
  Julian Aloofi <julian.fedoralists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 11.11.2010, 15:19 +0800 schrieb Eric Zhong:
> > I want to know whether the pics in fedora-logos be put into
> > install.img when generate iso by pungi ?
> > After i replace pics in fedora-logos with mine ,  the pics during
> > installation is also fedora's.
> > How can i regen the install.img ?
>
> I'm not sure if you can actually exclude packages in pungi as easily as
> with livecd-creator, as pungi decides which packages to install with the
> comps.xml groups. I had looked previously into replacing logos on media
> generated with pungi, and didn't find any way to do so easily.

Jesse has said that pungi creates package sets in an inclusive manner. I have
taken that to mean that all packages that provide a needed dependency get
brought in. But it's possible that my understanding may be incorrect.

One neat trick I learned about recently is that you can include --exclude
parameters on the repo definition. This can also include wild cards.
I used the following yesterday to enable a live image build to work around
a dependency issue:
repo --name=updates-testing --baseurl=file:///home/fedora/updates/testing/14/$basearch/ --exclude=m17n-db*

Something similar should be doable to keep fedora logos out of the generated
image.