Speeding up koji-generated mock builds

Alan Franzoni mailing at franzoni.eu
Wed Nov 24 14:46:31 UTC 2010

Hello,
I'm trying to get our koji instance faster; since we build a lot of
packages, we'd like to reduce the latency.

There're some things that usually make mock faster: the options I
tinkered with and seem to improve performance are root_cache,
yum_cache and tmpfs.

All of those are disabled by default when generating mock config
through koji, and there seems no way to override them:

https://fedorahosted.org/koji/browser/koji/__init__.py#L1276

So here come the questions:
1) Am i missing anything?
2) are all those options intentionally locked out?
3) would a patch which let them be configured be accepted into your git repo?
4) any other way to speedup mock?

Thanks!

--
Alan Franzoni