pungi - x86_64 wine issue

Phillip T. George ptg at hp.com
Wed May 11 23:46:03 UTC 2011

I seem to be having an issue with wine.  Well, it likely is not only
specific to wine, but has to do with the configuration I have set up,
which includes wine.  I am building on x86_64 ... and wine has
dependencies that are x86-32.  Those dependencies are not getting
included, so whenever the install is being ran, it complains about those
missing dependencies.  FYI, I'm doing this on Fedora 14.  The missing
RPMs are:
wine-capi-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
wine-cms-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
wine-core-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
wine-ldap-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
wine-openal-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
wine-pulseaudio-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
wine-twain-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm

Understand part of the goal is to slipstream updates as well as other
custom RPMs into the install process.

It appears that pungi is purposely ignoring these packages due to them
not being the main architecture.  What would be the method in telling
pungi that including i686 packages is ok, as long as its a requirement
of another package?  Or is this just a bug?

Thanks,
Phillip