pungi - x86_64 wine issue

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu May 12 00:46:35 UTC 2011

On 5/11/11 4:46 PM, Phillip T. George wrote:
> I seem to be having an issue with wine.  Well, it likely is not only
> specific to wine, but has to do with the configuration I have set up,
> which includes wine.  I am building on x86_64 ... and wine has
> dependencies that are x86-32.  Those dependencies are not getting
> included, so whenever the install is being ran, it complains about those
> missing dependencies.  FYI, I'm doing this on Fedora 14.  The missing
> RPMs are:
> wine-capi-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
> wine-cms-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
> wine-core-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
> wine-ldap-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
> wine-openal-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
> wine-pulseaudio-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
> wine-twain-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
>
> Understand part of the goal is to slipstream updates as well as other
> custom RPMs into the install process.
>
> It appears that pungi is purposely ignoring these packages due to them
> not being the main architecture.  What would be the method in telling
> pungi that including i686 packages is ok, as long as its a requirement
> of another package?  Or is this just a bug?
>
> Thanks,
> Phillip

This is somewhere between a bug and a configuration issue.  I hadn't
considered the case of a x86_64 package requiring 32bit packages.  When
I made pungi stop gathering cross-arch packages I think I hardcoded it
rather than making it a setting in the kickstart file.  A quick look
through the code should show you where you could fudge things to
consider compat arches again while gathering.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)