pungi - x86_64 wine issue

Phillip T. George ptg at hp.com
Fri May 13 15:32:54 UTC 2011

On 05/11/2011 08:09 PM, Phillip T. George wrote:

> On 05/11/2011 07:46 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On 5/11/11 4:46 PM, Phillip T. George wrote:
>>> I seem to be having an issue with wine.  Well, it likely is not only
>>> specific to wine, but has to do with the configuration I have set up,
>>> which includes wine.  I am building on x86_64 ... and wine has
>>> dependencies that are x86-32.  Those dependencies are not getting
>>> included, so whenever the install is being ran, it complains about those
>>> missing dependencies.  FYI, I'm doing this on Fedora 14.  The missing
>>> RPMs are:
>>> wine-capi-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
>>> wine-cms-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
>>> wine-core-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
>>> wine-ldap-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
>>> wine-openal-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
>>> wine-pulseaudio-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
>>> wine-twain-1.3.18-1.fc14.i686.rpm
>>>
>>> Understand part of the goal is to slipstream updates as well as other
>>> custom RPMs into the install process.
>>>
>>> It appears that pungi is purposely ignoring these packages due to them
>>> not being the main architecture.  What would be the method in telling
>>> pungi that including i686 packages is ok, as long as its a requirement
>>> of another package?  Or is this just a bug?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Phillip
>> This is somewhere between a bug and a configuration issue.  I hadn't
>> considered the case of a x86_64 package requiring 32bit packages.  When
>> I made pungi stop gathering cross-arch packages I think I hardcoded it
>> rather than making it a setting in the kickstart file.  A quick look
>> through the code should show you where you could fudge things to
>> consider compat arches again while gathering.
>>
> Right -- I was trying to figure out if it was a bug or a configuration
> issue on my end somehow.  Thanks for the swift response.  That's very
> helpful.  I'll take a look through the code and fix as necessary.
>
> -Phillip

If anyone else runs into this issue, here's a quick and dirty way to
resolve some of the issues.  This was on Fedora 14.  Also note that this
causes some unnecessary packages to get included, but for now its a
temporarily workaround to make sure at least all requirements are met:
1. Install pungi via yum
2. mv /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pypungi/__init__.pyo
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pypungi/__init__.pyo.orig
3. mv /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pypungi/__init__.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pypungi/__init__.pyc.orig
4. Edit /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pypungi/__init__.py and just
before the line...
arches.append('src') # throw source in there, filter it later

...add the lines below, being sure to use the same spacing as already in
the file:
      if arch == 'x86_64':
            arches.append('i686')
5. Run pungi using your normal parameters -- check to be sure additional
packages are included!

Again, this is not perfect by far, but I don't currently have time to
dig down and make it perfect ;)

-Phillip