rpm build error with 6.1

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Thu May 26 14:33:43 UTC 2011

On 05/26/2011 05:43 AM, Mike McLean wrote:
> On 05/25/2011 05:26 PM, Farkas Levente wrote:
>>> Can you post the spec? Which version of rpm was in the buildroot?
>
> You did not respond to either of my questions

rhel-6.1 and the chroot contains all packages from rhel-6.1.
mock-1.1.10 and as you can see from the log it was OpenEXR.spec and the
src.rpm comes from rhel-6.1 ie:
6Server/en/os/SRPMS/OpenEXR-1.6.1-8.1.el6.src.rpm

mock -r rhel-6.1-i386 --define "rhel 6.1" --rebuild
OpenEXR-1.6.1-8.1.el6.src.rpm
will fail while
mock -r rhel-6.1-i386 --rebuild OpenEXR-1.6.1-8.1.el6.src.rpm
won't.

> I doubt it is a mock bug. This is not the sort of failure that mock is
> likely to cause, though I guess many things are possible. The error is
> being thrown rpm and that error complains about the spec file, so either
> the spec file is bad or rpm is parsing it badly. As such, the most
> likely culprits are: rpm bug, bad spec file.
>
> We won't get anywhere without more details. Could you answer my
> questions above please? Also, have you been able to craft a simple spec
> file that reproduces the issue?

from bz it's turn out we can't use define as "rhel 6.1" just "rhel 6",
but it's still not clear for me why not install mock ccache in this
case. although it's a minor issue now.