mock questions

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Thu Oct 27 12:48:37 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 05:38 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Hi,
> how I can save or get all shell scripts generated by rpmbuild
> like /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Alfd0Z (%build)
> I got a build prepare  , build compile ,

"If the build process ends in an error, you can take a look at the bash
scripts in /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.*.  Looking at these scripts will tell you
exactly what variables are being defined and what is being done.  Often
times you can fix an error in the spec file just by looking at the
scripts.
These scripts will be deleted upon termination of a section, preventing
you from looking at them.  You can cheat and get a look at them by
forcing an error in that section.  Just add "exit 1" to your spec file
in the appropriate section.  Another useful thing is to "set; exit 1" in
a spec file.  This will exit and spit out a list of defined environment
variables.  Finally, you can place "bash -i" in a spec file to stop
rpmbuild and drop to a shell where you can take a look around."

Nothing to stop "these scripts", be deleted upon termination of a
section ?

Thanks in advance
- -
Sérgio M. B.