koji-1.7.1

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 20:26:09 UTC 2012

On 12/02/2012 11:31 PM, Thomas Guthmann wrote:

>> - remove latest-by-tag command
> I've just read your changelog for 1.7.1. I am still using 1.6.0 and plan
> to update soon. However, we use 'latest-by-tag' command but based on
> your comment it looks like it will break some of our internal processes
> relying on 'latest-by-tag :(
>
> So I am wondering why it has been removed and if there is a replacement
> for it ?

The latest-by-tag command produced misleading, incomplete reports. It
was a broken mess founded on a misunderstanding of Koji's data structure.

If your processes were relying on latest-by-tag, then they were already
broken ;)

What folks should do instead is:
- pick a list of tags they care about
- query for the latest builds of package X in those tags

e.g.
# for tag in $MYTAGS; do koji list-tagged --quiet --latest --inherit
$tag $MYPKG; done

I am open to adding more reports if there is a real need, but
latest-by-tag was beyond fixing.