Running mash in Koji

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 3 07:50:58 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-02 at 11:53 +0800, Mathieu Bridon wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 10:32 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:38:44 +0800
> > Mathieu Bridon <bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > > 3. What to do with the output?
> [... snip ...]
> >
> > Not sure. For some data to toss in tho, a current rawhide mash takes
> > up about 163GB. Branched f20 is currently around 153GB.
> >
> > So, in addition to the question of if it should try and upload to the
> > hub or not, it needs to make sure and have enough local working space
> > to hold all that (unless it's writing to a rw /mnt/koji for that).
>
> So first of all, do the Fedora builders have that kind of space
> available?

To add some more numbers, I have just finished a mash run inside a Koji
task, uploading the results at the end.

Number of SRPM: 1079
Total size of the mash output: 4.5GB

That is, a much smaller repository than Fedora. ;)

The task took just over 3 hours to complete.

The upload itself upload took... about 2 hours and 50 minutes.

The Hub and the builder are two vms on the same local network.

If we assume proportionality between size and time, it would take about
96 hours just to upload the results of a F20 mash.

That seems... quite long? :-/

--
Mathieu