Generate spec file with `make sources`

Dustin C. Hatch dustin.hatch at firemon.com
Thu Apr 24 19:49:37 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have a private Koji instance set up that builds RPMs of our internally
developed software. Everything is working well, and we have several
packages building wonderfully, directly from Git.

Recently, I've wanted to change some of our build scripts to support
other packagers, so I thought I'd move some of the hard-coded info out
of the spec files and have them be generated by the build script.
Unfortunately, it seems Koji doesn't allow this, as it looks for the
spec file before calling `make sources`.

I see there is a patch to support this at
https://fedorahosted.org/koji/ticket/201, but it's pretty old and has no
comments. Are there any plans for rebasing this patch, or adding a
similar one to Koji at some point?

Thanks, and thanks for Koji!

--
Dustin C. Hatch