Mock and DNF - the plan

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 15:22:42 UTC 2015

Hi,
today we [1] had a post-DevConf meeting and discussed the best approach to switch Mock to use DNF as default.

The resolution is that:
 * just after F22 git branching (which should happen tomorrow) I will change fedora-rawhide-*.cfg files in mock to use
DNF. For everything else YUM will be still used. And YUM will be general default.
 * Michael McLean will adjust builroot tags in koji code to allow setting of additional keys/values and it will be used
by Koji to generate mock config which will either use DNF or YUM.
 * The koji.fedoraproject.org will not be changed right now, but likely in 1-3 months.
 * During this transient period local mock builds for rawhide can differ from koji builds due different depsolving. I
will prepare announcement for devel mailing list so people are aware of this and encourage people to report any problem
they experience. Hopefully if there will be some problems we will have time to address them before the new code land in
Koji.

This change only affects future rawhide (Fedora 23) targets and it will not affect older Fedora and EPELs.

[1] me, Dennis Gilmore, Peter Robinson, Jan Zeleny, Michael Mraka, Michael McLean and Daniel Mach

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS