How should mock behave when DNF is not available?

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 13:51:48 UTC 2015

I am working on switching rawhide targets to DNF. However on EL* is DNF
not available.

Therefore you will not be able to build rawhide packages on EL7- using
standard mock configuration.

I see several options to offer to user:

1) Discourage user from doing that by providing no hints how to
workaround it.

2) Tell him that DNF is not available and he must run mock with "--yum"
option. And warn him that he may get different depsolving.

3) Tell him that DNF is not available and fall back automatically to yum
and warn him that he may get different depsolving.

Unless somebody will have better idea I would go with (2).

Ideas? Comments?

Mirek