Koji 2.0 planning

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Jun 2 19:11:20 UTC 2015

<snip great things>

Here's a list of things I have, some of them may be impractical, but I
thought I would thow them out there:

One thing I always wanted, but was a dream was configurable and dynamic
builders. By that I mean a way you could configure:

- create new builder
- destroy idle builder
- max builders to spawn
- max idle builders
- max builders at startup
- builder type per channel (so you could have larger/smaller/non virt)
etc.

And then have libvirt and nova and ec2 backends, so you could have a
koji hub that just spins up build vm's on virthosts or cloud instances
or amazon for it's needs. That would allow you to be better about using
resources and not need to have a bunch of dedicated builders sitting
around doing not much all the time and also be able to add short term
capacity for things like mass rebuilds. You could also perhaps set
things to make a new builder for every build.

Another thing that would be great IMHO would be some kind of reorg of
the database and packages in the filesystem so it's possible/easy to
archive things. Right now you have to have everything mixed under the
same mount, if there was some way to mark things as archived you could
move them to slower/different storage.

More metrics built in would be nice. Some kind of report on hits and
downloads per build, etc.

kevin