Should "koji regen-repo" be necessary?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:35:39 UTC 2015

>> Yes, you would script the repo regen after the mirror sync.
>
> Hi,
>
> Don't we have a better solution ? , make a local mirror we will need
> about 500G [1]
>
> [1]
> 191G    /srv/pub/fedora/linux/development/22
> 112G    /srv/pub/fedora/linux/updates/testing/22

Not really, you need to be able to see when the mirror that you're
using changes. If you're just using the daily push via one of the
Fedora mirrors that might be possible because it only happens daily
and you can just regen the repo once the mirror your using completes
the daily sync.

If your using the actual koji repos to ensure you have the latest and
greatest builds you could listen on fedmsg for tag events and use that
as an indicator you need to regen the external repo, possibly with a
time delay, if necessary, once a build is tagged to the appropriate
tag, such as f22/updates-testing/override etc.

Peter